Still wondering, how to make money without a job? Well, have you considered teaching English online (and you get to pick your own hours too)?
You can literally do this from the comfort of your home on your own flexible terms.
All that is required is that you are fluent in English, have a bachelor’s degree, and have some tutoring experience.
This is a great way to earn money from home and already 30,000+ people use VIPKid to teach English from home.
You can expect to earn $12-$22 an hour, and Forbes ranked this company #1 on its 2017 “Top 100 Places Work From Home Companies”.
Since this is a legitimate way to make extra money, the application process is pretty detailed.
Now, we’ll go over the requirements if you wanted to get started teaching English from home with VIPKid.
Why should you work for VIPKid?
With an opportunity to make $650 a month, just from one hour out of your day, this opportunity is one of our favorite options. There are a ton of jobs that pay $20 an hour, but not a lot of them allow you to work from home.
You can learn more about teaching English online on VIPKid by reading our VIPKid review.
But basically, all you have to do to get started is apply here.
But in this article, we’ll go over the VIPKid requirements and you can see if it is worth to sign up to teach at VIPKid.
What are the VIPKid requirements?
If you want to teach for them — this is what you must have:
You need a bachelors degree.
VIPKid is very strict on applicants’ education level and requires applicants to have at least a Bachelor’s degree.
They require this because their customers care about our teachers’ education level.
They look for VIPKid because they trust they have teachers that meet their criteria.
VIPKid cannot offer one thing to customers and make exceptions to applicants who do not have a Bachelor’s degree.
Unfortunately, they cannot accept applicants without a college degree.
Basic teaching requirements
I assumed originally assumed VIPKID was only for teachers. But they use the term “experience teaching children” very loosely.
So if you’ve taught kids at your local YMCA? That works.
Raise your own kids, That works.
Taught at your local bible school? That works.
You can work with VIPKID from anywhere as long as you have a stable internet connection.
Let’s move on.
Well, for starters you must have device such as a laptop, desktop or Macbook.
You also much have a headset to be able to teach.
Lastly, you must own a HD external camera or HD integrated camera (most laptops have this).
- Computer minimum tech requirement: Operating System Windows7, Windows8, Windows10, MAC OS 10.8x
- Network minimum requirement: Wired DSL Internet Connection – at least 20 Mbps
Meet those requirements? What’s next?
Applicants pass through five stages before becoming VIPKid teachers:
1. Submission of Resume: Send them your resume, so they can screen for basic requirements and teaching experience per requirements above.
2. 1-1 Interview or Recorded Interview: Join them for a 30-min session where you showcase your teaching skills to a VIPKid recruiter OR Record your demo lesson at your own time so that a VIPKid recruiter can evaluate you.
3. Introduction to Teaching: Watch videos to learn about the VIPKid technology, standards and curriculum.
4. Mock class: Practice teaching a full-length class with one of their VIPKid teachers.
5. Sign your contract, Upload docs & Complete Background Check: The information you provide will help us comply with our online safety and security standards and create a profile that allows VIPKid students and parents to know you and book you.
6. Full-Fledged VIPKid Teacher: Put your timeslots on your portal so that VIPKID students can start booking you. Get ready to teach!
All good? That’s it. Now is it worth it?
Do we Recommend VIPKid?
You know all the facts about the company now and if you’re still interested you should know if it’s actually worth your time.
Here are some reviews from actual people who went through the process:
Personally, I love VIPKID, and have been teaching with them since August, 6 classes a day, every day. Since I’ve been with them I have enjoyed the experience and feel like they take care of me. My students vary, but I have mostly regulars now, and your quality as a teacher will directly affect how well you can interact with each child. Every class is scripted, yes, but it is my discretion as to how to gain, keep, and use each child’s motivation to learn.
However, I also have the distinct benefit of being a teacher before VIPKID. I am also male. I have no delusions that being a male teacher has given me a different experience than female teachers with VIPKID. As you mentioned, there are many female teachers, qualified more than I am, who are still struggling to get consistent bookings, even months after their contract acceptance. :/ I do think it is a wonderful company, and I love my students and the experience, but I also feel that they are putting way too much of an emphasis on hiring new teachers when so many still struggle to find work.
How much can you make with VIPKID?
As an independent contractor, your payment or “service fee” is calculated on a per-class basis (scheduled in 30-minute slots) and is composed of a minimum pay between $7-9+ incentives.
Your minimum pay will be determined by your demo class performance, while incentives by your monthly class participation and completion as a VIPKid teacher.
VIPKid is a legitimate company no doubt about it. The company means business and they are serious about having really high standards in the hiring process.
I don’t know how people think it’s a scam, it’s just a job. Once you become a VIPKID teacher you shouldn’t have an issue getting bookings either. As far as acting vs teaching, it can feel that way with the younger kids as you’re reading a script.
There’s no reason to think that you can’t apply your actual teaching skills if you’ve got them! If you’re actually a good teacher and not just playing the part then you won’t have any trouble getting lots of bookings and repeat students. Good luck becoming a VIPKID teacher!
You can sign up for VIPKid here and get started with the application process.
If you enjoyed this article, then odds are you would like these ones on how to make money fast online and off:
- Ways to Make $10 Fast
- Ways to Make $20 Fast
- Ways to Make $100 Fast
- How to Make 300 Dollars Fast
- 18 Ways to Make $400 Fast
- Proven Ways to Make $500 Fast
- Ways to Make $800 Fast
- No BS Ways to Make $1,000 Fast
Expiring Soon: Best Ways to Make Extra Money
- Survey Junkie: Get paid up to $50 per survey through this link with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web.
- Blackout Bingo: This app lets you play bingo for money — make $100 today. It is absolutely free to play Blackout Bingo and earn real-world rewards and cash prizes when you download through this link.
- TradeStation: TradeStation gives you a $10 bonus (in one of the platform’s supported cryptocurrencies) upon account approval, with no deposit or trading activity required. Testing this offer, I received $10 in bitcoin (BTC) instantly through this link after opening account.